The Casa de España Club in Rio de Janeiro hosted the Iron Brown Belt Challenge promoted by the Podio Cup organization to choose which brown belt would join Fellipe Andrew in the fifth season Heavyweight Grand Prix. Fábio Alano, Victor Hugo, Fellipe Trovo and Kaynan Duarte were in contention for a place in the Grand Prix.
The format of the Iron Brown Belt was as follows: The four athletes would fight each other and the winner would be the fighter who could get four victories in the dispute. The main highlight of the competition was Kaynan Duarte. The student of André Galvão and Pablo Ledesma gave no chance to his opponents and secured the four victories in the first fights and won the place in the next Heavyweight GP. Check the results:
– Fellipe Trovo defeated Fábio Kamikase by submission (Kimura)
– Kaynan Duarte beat Victor Hugo by 2 × 0
– Kaynan Duarte defeated Fellipe Trovo by 2 × 0 (scraping)
– Victor Hugo defeated Fábio Kamikase by an advantage to zero (2 × 2 pts)
– Kaynan Duarte defeated Fábio Kamikase by an advantage to zero
– Victor Hugo defeated Fellipe Trovo by 4 × 0
– Kaynan Duarte defeated Fellipe Trovo by 5 × 2
The next podium heavyweight GP will be held in January and the city chosen to host the event was Porto Alegre (where the event started).